Once a week with a normal amount of fish and plants, twice a week for a large amount of fish and plants.
The steps on how to backwash your filter:
- Turn off the pump.
- In order to get maximum Backwash cleaning, please clean out the skimmer basket(s) and the pump trap basket before you start to perform Backwash.
- Rotate the Valve clockwise only to Backwash.
- Turn on the pump for backwashing for 1/2 to 1 minute. Turn off the pump.
- Rotate the Valve clockwise to Rinse. Turn on the pump for 1/2 to 1 minute.
- Turn off the pump and rotate the valve back to Filter Position.
- Turn on the pump. This completes the Backwash procedure.
- Important note for Ultima II filters and all other pool type filters.
- You must turn off the pump each time before you rotate the valve from one position to the next one.
- Valve has to be rotated clockwise only. Failure to do so, valve and filter can be damaged and warranty will be void.